Fuelling London Fashion Week is the happiest of collaborations between: Propercorn and Karma Cans
Introducing the Happy Lunch packed with serotonin boosting ingredients to beat any winter blues that London might be facing during this cold and blustery February.
Karma Cans and Propercorn have teamed up with Judith Wurtman PhD, co-author of ‘The Serotonin Power Diet’ and an expert in the world of nutrition.
According to Wurtman’s 30 years of research into the mood-enhancing effects of serotonin, eating carbohydrates like sweet potato and popcorn can alleviate emotional stress and control cravings. Combining these with small portions of protein, from ingredients such as peanuts and pumpkin seeds, can optimise serotonin production in the brain. The meal contains carefully balanced nutrients which work to increase mood-enhancing serotonin, and is packed full of tasty, fresh ingredients.
Well, just the taste of the new Smooth Peanut and Almond Popcorn made us feel a whole lot happier.
The Happy Lunch is so beautifully packaged it will fit in perfectly in the front row. London Fashion Week will no longer be the place to pout, but expect to see lots of smiling, happy faces!
Proper corn's top tips for banishing winter blues:
It seems that winter has unleashed it’s fury over the past two weeks, as shorter days and bone chilling temperatures take their toll. In an effort to make your January a little brighter, PROPERCORN have worked with renowned US scientist and serotonin specialist, Judith Wurtman PhD, to create the ‘Happy Lunch’, a nutrient-dense dish packed full of uplifting ingredients. To give you that extra kick, here’s a list of top mood-boosting tips.
1. Nourish yourself: Food can be a powerful tool to boost your mood and wellbeing. Judith suggests eating 25g of carbohydrate, such as popcorn, to combat the afternoon slump. Ensuring we get our Daily 5 will also help prevent seasonal sniffles.
2. Sleep: Mood changes and fatigue induced by lack of sleep can lead to overeating. Avoid caffeine after 2pm and if your mind won’t turn off, pick up a good book, not the TV remote.
3. Exercise: Try to be as active as possible, particularly throughout the working week, to reduce stress and anxiety. Yoga is an especially good way to stretch and relax different muscles simultaneously.
4. Drink water: we are made up of 70% water, so staying hydrated is essential for mental and physical energy.
5. Take a break: Vitamin D is key. To stay happy, we should be spending as much time outside as we can. Try getting away from your desk for 10 minutes over lunch, for a dose of fresh air and much needed light.
The recipe can be found at www.ocado.com. The prepared meal comes with a pack of Smooth Peanut & Almond PROPERCORN, available to order from Karma Cans from Monday 18th January (London delivery only): www.karmacans.co.uk